Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Life Lately...

So, life has been a bit hectic of late! I've not slept in my own bed on a Saturday night since January and my weekends aren't showing any signs of quieting down for a long time! Since Rich has gone on tour, I have become a very busy social butterfly, which I love. Having things to look forward to every weekend is helping to make the weeks go quickly, so quickly that there is now less than two months until he is back on R&R. I'm getting so excited already, I keep having to tell myself to calm down or I'll take off!

I thought I'd catch you up a bit on what I've been up to. I'm quite good at keeping my Twitter and Instagram up to date, so if you follow me on either of those then I apologise for repeating myself, but I do that a lot.

So, starting from the weekend before Valentine's day! I had a wag meetup that weekend, Cat and Jen are two lovely girls who happen to be an RAF wife and wife to be of two of Rich's best work friends. Jen's husband to be is out in Afghanistan as well at the moment, and Cat's husband has been out before, so we meet up about once a month for girly times and cake and lots of chat. It really helps to talk to girls who are going through/have gone through the exact same thing I'm going through at the moment, and the fact that we've all become really good friends is a great bonus! The weekend involved a sleepover with Chinese takeaway and Sabrina the Teenage Witch boxset watching, with the addition of playing with Cat's hamster Snuffles who is the cutest thing ever and has totally made me want a hamster now (Riiiiiich?) and cake at Betty's Tea Room. The Betty's cake was something I'd wanted to do for the longest time but the queue outside the York tea room has always put me off in the past, however we managed to hit on a branch without a huge queue so dived inside for my first Betty's experience! I had Croque Monsoir, which was so naughty but so ridiculously good, and this pastry cream strawberry thing which was light enough to enjoy even after a heavy lunch, but still a real treat.

The next weekend was Valentine's day weekend. I'd been looking forward to this for the longest time. Poor Stacey had kept getting messages from me almost daily asking if it was Valentine's day yet. Brilliant when the answer was actually yes! I was a very very lucky lady and received a dozen red roses from Rich for the second year in a row for Valentine's day, delivered to work to make me blush of course. I then headed to Birmingham to see my bestie Stacey, and we had an amazing weekend of picking up her posh new car, which is the coolest car I have ever been in ever. It has lights in the foot-wells and the headrests, just for mood lighting! I was then chauffeured in style to a fancy hotel restaurant where we shared some amazing whitebait to start, then both had beasty burgers for main with sweet potato fries (of course!). Neither of us could finish our burgers we were so full and had to skip dessert, but I will be going back as the place was brilliant. We then headed out for an evening, unintentionally looking like a gang as we were in our leather jackets, whoops! It was a brilliant weekend and completely made up for the fact that I couldn't spend it with Rich. He's going to struggle to top the weekend Stacey gave me next year!

This past weekend I was at a hen do on the south coast. It was amazing, however it did require me travelling for 7 hours on Friday and 9 hours on Sunday to get there and back. Living up north has its disadvantages! We had a vintage craft party to begin with, and in the picture above you can see our corsagey creations and hair slides etc that we made. It was great fun, and I now want a glue gun. I don't know exactly why, but I used it a lot and I feel like I require one in my life. We then went onto afternoon tea, which I wish I had pictures of, but with there being a lot of people I didn't know, and after having to be awkward already and embarrass myself by having to ask for an orange juice instead of a tea or coffee, I thought I'd better keep my phone away and just eat loads instead. There was so much food we couldn't finish it all, although we had a good time trying! In the evening the group of us pictured above went out for pizza and cider and had a sleepover at Emma's house, which was great fun as I don't get to see these friends very often. After 9 hours of slightly hungover travelling yesterday though I was asleep in my bed by 8:30pm. Rock and roll kids, rock and roll.

So this has been my life lately! Add in work and Harry Potter movie-thons and far too much Orange Is The New Black and blogging and that is pretty much me in a nutshell. Good times! What have you been up to lately? Anything exciting? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments

Post a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Inelegant Wench. All rights reserved.